The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Keyboard shortcut for Canvas to Outline focus switch ? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Are there any keyboard methods for switching focus back and forth between a shape in the canvas and the corresponding node in the outline sidebar ?

(I often find myself wanting to select a canvas node with the mouse, and then use a keystroke to jump to its corresponding outline node).

I am not sure what you mean: when I choose a shape, it is already selected in the Outline utility drawer (at least it is in OG 4), so it takes just one click from your mouse, without having to look for the entry, to place focus on the Outline entry for the selected Shape. Do you want a key sequence (at least two fingers with your other hand) as well ?

Switching focus back to the Canvas is the same: the Shape corresponding to the selected Outline entry is already selected.

I do not know of such a shortcut.

Cheers