The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Omnioutliner pro - clipping service Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello,

Yesterday I bought Omnioutliner pro from mac apple store. Following your videos from the web site I tried to clip some text from mail and web browser... but the option doesn't appear on the menu.
Am I missing something on the instalation procedure or on some preferences option?

best regards,
José Cruz

Quote:
Originally Posted by josedacruz View Post
Hello,

Yesterday I bought Omnioutliner pro from mac apple store. Following your videos from the web site I tried to clip some text from mail and web browser... but the option doesn't appear on the menu.
Am I missing something on the instalation procedure or on some preferences option?

best regards,
José Cruz
Not sure I understand, but check OO preferences > Clippings. Do you have a clipping service document. Check OS X System Preferences > Keyboard > Services. Is OO service enabled? Does it have a convenient keyboard shortcut?
Once you get it working you may want to use an AppleScript to select multiple clippings so you can drag them to a new location.

Bob

Hello,

first, thanks for the reply.
On the services menu, shows for instance "Omnifocus: Send to inbox", but nothing about Omnioutliner in any application as Safari, Mail, etc.
I have read that in some version Omnigroup has switch off the clipping service temporarily because some issue related with Mac OS? Is this true?

My mac os is Mountain Lion.

best regards,
José Cruz

Hi José,
The Mac App Store version does not currently come with the clipping service due to MAS restrictions. You can however install it by downloading OmniOutliner Pro directly from us. Launch that version into trial mode and it will install the service. After you've launched it once, delete that copy of the app so you only have the Mac App Store version left. After you do that, the clipping service should work for you. Some people have encountered OmniOutliner crashing when they try to clip after doing this which should be resolved by rebooting and opening the Clippings tab of the OmniOutliner preferences window.

If you encounter any problems or have anymore questions, please let us know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by josedacruz View Post
Hello,

first, thanks for the reply.
On the services menu, shows for instance "Omnifocus: Send to inbox", but nothing about Omnioutliner in any application as Safari, Mail, etc.
I have read that in some version Omnigroup has switch off the clipping service temporarily because some issue related with Mac OS? Is this true?

My mac os is Mountain Lion.

best regards,
José Cruz