The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

how to clear all styles–everywhere Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi:

(I use OO 3.6.3 ProI've read through the relevant sections on OO3 Help as well as in the Manual, but after following the guidance there, i still have this problem:

many of the OO3 docs i create/edit are the result of both text composed in that document as well as text clipped from, e.g., other OO3 docs, Pages file, TextMate file, etc., and so even when i think i've done everything i can to purge all styles from my outline (i understand the precedence rules, so i don't just click on "Whole Document" in the bottom half of the Utility Drawer then set a style using the inspector–i know that this won't get rid of e.g., a font set locally at a child row).

So when i've tried to purge the style (the font type and size in particular) at all level Rows (and columns), i'll notice that when i create a new child row (let's say it's a Level 4 row) from a parent row (L3) that i had added clipped and pasted from another OO3 outline (which, e.g., might have been styled in Helvetica 12 pt. let's say) then when i create that new child row and begin typing, then the text is in 12 pt. Helvetica, even though i went through all Level 4 rows and purged the style.

Is there a way (there must be) to complete get rid of all font styling in the entire outline so that all is left is your default style?

Thanks,

--alex

Hi Alex-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex_land View Post
So when i've tried to purge the style (the font type and size in particular) at all level Rows (and columns), i'll notice that when i create a new child row (let's say it's a Level 4 row) from a parent row (L3) that i had added clipped and pasted from another OO3 outline (which, e.g., might have been styled in Helvetica 12 pt. let's say) then when i create that new child row and begin typing, then the text is in 12 pt. Helvetica, even though i went through all Level 4 rows and purged the style.
Clear Style can remove this but you need to use it on the correct item which in this case is probably the parent L3 row. If you turn on the Style View you'll be able to see where these style are coming from. Most likely in this cause the L3 row has a style for its children which is what you need to remove.

From the Style View you can click on a chit and push the delete key to remove it. Or you can click into a row that's effect by the style and use the Style Attributes inspector to remove individual characteristics by clicking the 'x' to the right of the entry you want to remove.