The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Keyboard shortcuts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by santra View Post
Is there a keyboard shortcut for create Context?

I can't seem find this anywhere. It's not on the structure menu, and I've done a search through the forum and couldn't find it. Was there ever any discussion about it, or is there a reason for leaving it out? Add Action, Project, Folder, Singleton, Child, and Aunt all have shortcuts...why not Context?
When you add a new action, you can create a new context by typing the new name in the context field and hitting command-return. (You can create a new project the same way, in the project field.)

As to why there's no Add Context menu command--there I can only speculate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by santra View Post
Is there a keyboard shortcut for create Context?

I can't seem find this anywhere. It's not on the structure menu, and I've done a search through the forum and couldn't find it. Was there ever any discussion about it, or is there a reason for leaving it out? Add Action, Project, Folder, Singleton, Child, and Aunt all have shortcuts...why not Context?
I know my contexts have settled down to a pretty standard set at this point - I don't find myself adding them nearly as much as those other elements. Contexts really become more part of the infrastructure of the system rather than its content, if that makes any sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bongoman View Post
I'm hanging out for a shortcut to jump between projects or contexts on the left (depending on the mode) and actions in the right-hand pane. I know it is in the works and I'll be a happy Focuser when I grab a new build and find that one in there.
cmd-4 should do the trick for now.