The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Assigning Actions to Sub-Projects Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Apologies: I'm probably missing a simple solution to this one.

In my sidebar, I have a project. That project has sub-projects inside it, but I can't see those sub-projects in the sidebar view.

Over on the right side, in my inbox, I have an action. I want to get that action into one of the sub-projects.

How do I get the action from my inbox to the sub-project? I can't drag it there, because I can't see the subproject.

The first thing is to not think of them as "sub projects"; in OF, they're not. They're "action groups". They're more like "super actions" than "sub projects".

Because they're actions-with-special-powers, they don't show up in the project list.

The only way to do what you want is to put the action into the project, switch to the project, and move it into place.

Many moons ago I submitted a feature request that projects in the sidebar be "spring loaded". So dragging an item onto a project in the sidebar would cause that project to spring open in the content pane. Then the item could be dropped into the right place. If that sounds like a good idea to you, please use Help --> Send Feedback to add your vote to the request.

In the meantime, I've gotten into the habit of just sending the action to the project and worrying about organizing the project during a later review. This works quite well for me, especially since I've gone to using shorter review intervals for more urgent/important projects.

Curt

I added my vote ..[feedback ] I'd like to see that also .

Curt,

I like your design idea of spring loading the projects. I'll figure out how to add my vote to that feedback item.

Thanks.