The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Scripting repetition interval Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
[New user, and working on importing from Mori. Still going uphill, for now.]

The 'repetition' property of a project or task is a record:

Code:
repetition:{unit:day, fixed:true, steps:11}
There are links to 'repetition interval' in the dictionary, but there's no definition.

I'm unsure about 'fixed'. I think it controls whether the next repeat is calculated from the current value (true=fixed interval - hard recur), or from the completion date (false=not fixed - soft recur).
Correct?

I'm still confused about what this does to the popup in the Inspector's repetition panel. Only 'start again' and 'due again' can have the "from completion" qualifier, but there seems to be no way to control the popup from a script. It appears to always go to 'due again'.
Bit of a bother, as my repeating tasks are mostly of the 'start again' variety.
Is there, maybe, a workaround?