The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Is there a way to get OF tasks that have Due Dates to appear in iCal as Events? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Some of my urgent tasks have due dates. It would be helpful to have them displayed in iCal and subsequently on my iPhone, which I use mostly for following my calendar.

Thanks,
Mart

No. iCal Tasks and Events are not the same, and OF only syncs with iCal Tasks.

Well no, not directly. But you can move or copy a todo into ical's calendar. Just show todos, click on one and drag it to its date with the option key held down. That'll copy it into an event. Also, when you click on the todo, if there's a due date set, the calendar goes to that day so it's easy to drag it to the right date. So what you can do is create a context or project for those items that you want to turn into ical events, then after a sync do it in ical by showing the todos, sorting them by calendar, find the calendar that matches the context you used for these items, and drag them in to ical.