The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

How to sync post-MobileMe? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi, silly me trying to sync my iPhone for the first time since MobileMe went away. What are my options now to sync between my Mac and OF?

In my iPhone OF settings, it indicates OF 1.6.3 as the version.

Thank you,
Vicci

Happy to help! One of the reasons we created the Omni Sync Server was to give folks who were previously using MobileMe a place to sync their data. We'd recommend that.

Hi, I posted this last week and got no response and now can't find the post.

I'd appreciate an answer from the OF folks.

What are the sync options now that MobileMe is gone? I do not want to put my information in iCloud or on someone else's server.

Why can't I direct sync from OF on Mac to OF on iPhone when I plug in my phone?

VIcci

For a guaranteed response from Omni, you need to contact them directly, not post on the forum, where they may or may not see it. 1-800-315-6664, +1-206-523-4152, or email omnifocus-iphone@omnigroup.com.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicciconway View Post
Hi, I posted this last week and got no response and now can't find the post.

I'd appreciate an answer from the OF folks.

What are the sync options now that MobileMe is gone? I do not want to put my information in iCloud or on someone else's server.

VIcci
Brian from Omni did answer your post here.

Hi, I did this and it worked once and hasn't worked since. I used the URL in the email.

Vicci

Thanks, left them a voice message with questions and answering options.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicciconway View Post
We'll be happy to help sort this out over the phone, but in case someone has a similar question in the future: Apple gives their own engineers access to programming interfaces that third-party developers such as ourselves don't get to use. The interfaces that Mail, Contacts, and other Apple-written apps use to sync across the wired connection to your computer is one such programming option.

OmniFocus and other similar apps from other developers need to use a wireless connection and talk to an intermediate server. They can't directly access your Mac the way Apple's own apps can.