The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Basic alerts not working Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I've owned OmniFocus for Mac for quite some time and had it for an older iphone too. I eventually stopped using both. I love the features and design of OF, but was running into a lot of functions that seemed like they should be straight forward that were difficult to figure out or even with a lot of effort I never could figure out. In other words the potential or ideal of OF is completely right up my alley, wonderful, but the execution of it doesn't work quite as smoothly for me (and I'm sure some of it IS "just me").

I just got a new iPhone and decided to give OF a try again. One of the things that I'm running into is that I have alerts set to show alerts and play sounds, and I never see or hear anything. I've created a bunch of test actions to try it out...but nothing. Can anyone suggest what might be the problem.

My iphone sound is on. I've tried restarting the phone...nothing.

Thanks in advance for the help (please see also my question about iCal in Forecast).

Last edited by MichaelHG; 2012-10-06 at 02:59 PM..

Have you set up alerts for OmniFocus in the app Notification preferences as well as in the general iPhone Settings app? Alerts need to be set up in both to work.

Hey Greg,

In the iPhone Settings under Sounds I have Reminder Alerts on and set to Alert. Also the ringer volume is on and set to vibrate. OF is also set as described above. Since I posted I have gotten them to work a couple times when the iPhone is on. Isn't it supposed to work when the iphone is off (not fully off, but like when you carry it and you're able to get calls, texts, etc.)? Being notified on the go would be a great function that I'm hoping it has.

PS Now it's not working when I'm on the iphone home screen (the only time it worked when I was outside of OF for iphone was when I was in the iphone Settings.

Last edited by MichaelHG; 2012-10-06 at 03:43 PM..

Yes, it should alert you when the phone is in sleep mode if you have set the preference to view in Lock Screen. What alerts are you testing with-due reminders or location reminders?

I see it now under Notifications on the iPhone. I'll give that a go.

That seems to have done the trick. Thanks much. You're like an OF superhero.