The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Math symbols, like Pi square root etc... Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
My kid needs to create a legible chart of her math algerbra, etc homework. Is there an existing stencil or add on that I can get for her so that she can have access to all the various math symbols she might need to use?

Thanks in advance,

C55

Just use the Character Palette:

To activate it go to System Preferences>International>Input Menu and select it to be active:

Alternatively, if you want to typeset equations in vector format, you could always install Equation Service (you'll also need pdflatex to get it working). Then you will need to learn LaTeX markup to use it which is a bit of a steep curve...

Hi,

better than equation service imho is LaTeXit! Just drag n drop your equation in a vector pdf format, and create your custom stencil. The linkback allows you to change your equation afterwards! (on the next screenshot I'm changing the color in LaTeXit, and the change also affects the equation in Omnigraffle)Click image for larger version

Name:	linkback.jpg
Views:	1688
Size:	31.7 KB
ID:	92

(sure, you'll need to know some LaTeX... but have a look at this screenshot and tell me it's not an obvious notation!)

\int --> integral
\frac{1}{2} --> fraction
\alpha, \beta, \omega, \lambda, \dots
\frac{\partial^2 f}{\partial x^2}
|x|=\left\{
\begin{array}{l} --> array, fields aligned on the left
+x\textrm{, if }x\geq 0\\
-x\textrm{, if }x\leq 0
\end{array}
\right.

Click image for larger version

Name:	eqs.png
Views:	1421
Size:	24.4 KB
ID:	91

... i forgot, \sqrt{argument} gives you the square root (auto-stretching according to the content)