The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Mac OS X interface mockup stencil Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I've been mocking up some max-secret Omni products in OmniGraffle, and creating a new UI stencil as I go along.

I generally start with a screenshot of an existing version of the application, placed on a locked layer, then add layers of new interface on top of that. So I only create new elements for the stencil when I need something that's not already in the screenshot.

I hope someone can get some use out of this, and maybe even contribute or improve some elements. I'll post newer versions as the stencil improves.

Update: New version with color wells, pop-up menu, text field, and stepper control.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Mac OS X Interface.gstencil.zip (6.9 KB, 2139 views)

Last edited by Bill Van Hecke; 2006-04-24 at 03:05 PM..

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvh
I hope someone can get some use out of this,

VERY nice indeed. This is going to be tremendously useful. Thanks a million,

Corentin

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvh
I've been mocking up some max-secret Omni products in OmniGraffle, and creating a new UI stencil as I go along.

I generally start with a screenshot of an existing version of the application, placed on a locked layer, then add layers of new interface on top of that. So I only create new elements for the stencil when I need something that's not already in the screenshot.

I hope someone can get some use out of this, and maybe even contribute or improve some elements. I'll post newer versions as the stencil improves.

Update: New version with color wells, pop-up menu, text field, and stepper control.
I'd love to check this out but I'm having trouble downloading it--every time I try it asks me to log in (again).

Last edited by lrivers; 2006-07-14 at 09:25 AM..

I've added a square button and some sliders. This stencil's appearance on graffletopia.com encouraged me to upload this new version. Enjoy :D
Attached Files
File Type: zip Mac OS X Interface.gstencil.zip (8.2 KB, 1574 views)

Last edited by Bill Van Hecke; 2006-07-17 at 10:50 AM..

OK, this one I can download...

Still scroll-bar, status bar and red-yellow-green buttons are missing... And probably also Aqua blue ("lickable") button is still being developed by someone... :)

This is cool, but with Interface Builder, you have access to everything and can even use your mock-up to build your actual interface.

It's nice for non-app uses, though, too.

There are a few nice things about using OmniGraffle instead of Interface Builder to mock up Cocoa interfaces:

- You can drop in a screenshot of an existing interface, and add new elements right on top of it.
- You can turn layers on and off to see how different elements would look on the same window.
- You can use the drawing tools to mock up custom controls that aren't available by default in Interface Builder.
- You can store lots of different mockups for one project as multiple canvases in one file.