The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Can't see Perspectives in sidebar Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by pakiyabhai View Post
Enable Ipad Perspective didn't work for me :( , sidebar still doesn't show anything
Sorry for the trouble! If you email the support ninjas, they can help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by msurtees View Post
My ipad says, "Safari cannot open the page because the address is invalid." when I click on the first one???
This generally means that OmniFocus for iPhone was previously installed on the iPad, but it's been removed. Safari is trying to send the link to the missing version of OmniFocus.

If you reboot the iPad, it'll notice that the iPad version is installed and that link will start working.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
This generally means that OmniFocus for iPhone was previously installed on the iPad, but it's been removed. Safari is trying to send the link to the missing version of OmniFocus.

If you reboot the iPad, it'll notice that the iPad version is installed and that link will start working.
That was the case for me. Rebooting worked. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekM View Post
And these custom perspectives are of context mode correct? I think this is the first I've heard of it still not working after creating a new perspective.
My perspectives were project based - I see the catch now. I tried to create a new context mode perspective and can see it on the iPad now.
Do you have plans for the project based perspectives? All the perspectives I use are project based :(

We do plan to bring them over, Zao - there's just some additional engineering work to bring the project-mode perspectives vs. the context-mode ones.

(Specifically, the project-mode perspectives have to presenting the info hierarchically, vs. the flat lists in context-mode ones.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
(Specifically, the project-mode perspectives have to presenting the info hierarchically, vs. the flat lists in context-mode ones.)
It's those flat lists that drive me nuts -- I can't tell the difference between an action group's header action (for lack of a better term) and its actions. This is where I would want the header grayed out until the children are all completed; instead I get that behavior in the Project lists, where I DON'T want it. Trying to get used to the New Order, but don't much like it yet. :)

Maybe we could get a small icon on the header row? Anyone have any ideas, or am I the only one who's not quite getting this yet?

I don't know if this will help, but I name my projects and action groups in the past tense and my actions in present tense. For example, "Configured web host for new blog" might be an action group, while "Get squarespace account" might be an action. The past tense helps me separate actions from groups in context mode and also help me visualize what success looks like.

Curt

Or just simply a marker, like @ sign does for actions, you could use $ sign to mark projects/folders/actions groups..

Is there a way to add projects or contexts to the side bar. FYI: i do not sync with MAC. Ipad only. THx

Currently, the only thing you can "star" to add to the sidebar are perspectives. Folks that would like the ability to do that for projects or contexts should send an email to the Support Ninjas and let them know they're interested.

I do see an existing feature request on this - folks should still send email; one of the metrics we use when planning our work is the number of customers that have requested a given change. Thanks!

Last edited by Brian; 2010-09-02 at 01:17 PM.. Reason: "don't see" -> "do see".