The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

What am I doing wrong in review mode? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
It does sound that way. Why don't you snag a copy of your database off the iPad and mail it to Omni for analysis? In iTunes, goto the Apps page, scroll to the bottom, select OmniFocus, click on the OmniFocus.ofocus file and Save to some convenient spot. Mail the file + a description of what is going on to omnifocus-ipad@omnigroup.com and maybe they can reproduce the behavior with your database.

On the desktop, you can still set a review interval for a number of hours (they plan to remove this). If you set the review interval for some project to an hour or two and force review it on the iPad, does it show up as available after the review period has passed? I'm wondering if this issue is just a startup glitch that will go away after you've reviewed everything once on the iPad, though if I'm reading your posts correctly, it sounds like even after the review interval has passed, they aren't showing up as available for review.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudrudson View Post
Hi,
I have the same problem. In Review Mode on the iPad some projects are not shown, which are shown in the desktop version.
Another me too post. I've emailed support. I'm using OF 1.7.5 on my Mac & had several projects whose review due date (from inspector) was in the past. They didn't by default show in the iPad as needing review. However tap & hold on project & select review put it into the review area & showed last review date matching what was on my Mac.

Something isn't matching up as expected. If a project's Last Reviewed date is more than the review every cycle & thus the Next Review date is also in the past, it should appear in the iPad review area, without having to force it. Hopefully this is just an initial sync issue & as we review more, they will align better.

I've managed to repro this with some time manipulation and we're looking into it. Thanks for bringing it to our attention!

Well, this is odd. It's now 8/4 and this morning I've had 34 projects show up needing a review.

Almost all of these projects haven't been reviewed since 7/7 and most are set on a review period of 1 week.

I have no logical explanation why this would have occured like this. My first suspicion is that the "review interval counter" had been reset and maybe these wouldn't show up for a week. But its been 4 days and now they all suddenly show up.

Oh well. Hopefully the behavior becomes predictable after is hiccup.

Short version:

We tracked down this bug yesterday afternoon and the fix will be in the next update.

Long version:

For the curious, the problem was with reading synchronized review dates which were in the past: the system which last modified the next review date wouldn't bother writing it when it could be implied by the the previous review date and the review interval. But when other systems which read that review date would calculate the next review date for the project, they would always choose the first future iteration of that interval.

In other words, if you have a project which is set to review every Friday and you last reviewed it two weeks ago, it would end up assigning a review date of the upcoming Friday rather than last Friday.

So this didn't affect people who always did their reviews on the same device (probably pretty common if you had a weekly review routine involving the same device), nor did it affect people who never let a review slip past its review date and were synchronizing their devices regularly (since the synchronized next review dates would be read while they were still in the future, and thus wouldn't be skipped).

Sorry this slipped through the cracks! We're now testing a fix for the 1.0.2 release which we're planning to submit within the next few days.

Last edited by Ken Case; 2010-08-04 at 06:17 AM..

Just to say I am having this bug as well. Love the app, looking forward to the fix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case View Post
We're now testing a fix for the 1.0.2 release which we're planning to submit within the next few days.
Ken, you guys need to take a chill regarding pace of updates: you're going to make "99ers" (term of the day) of all those folks over on the blog who were predicting that it would be years til we saw OF iPad, and that your pace of development is glacial!

Less sarcastically, thank you again to the OmniGroup for being SO responsive to customer feedback and so transparent. I sent an email this morning to a company providing online test-prep, asking them if they were planning to make a non-Flash based version of their website for iOS users... Reply was: "We use Flash as it's easy to port across platforms. We have no intention of changing this. Email Apple, with enough feedback they might introduce support for Flash." ... wow ... So anyway, thanks for brilliant customer service and support, and not treating your clients like morons!

Excellent thanks - this is a great feature for the iPad and really useful to review things while at the coffee shop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case View Post
Short version:

We tracked down this bug yesterday afternoon and the fix will be in the next update.

Long version:

For the curious, the problem was with reading synchronized review dates which were in the past: the system which last modified the next review date wouldn't bother writing it when it could be implied by the the previous review date and the review interval. But when other systems which read that review date would calculate the next review date for the project, they would always choose the first future iteration of that interval.

In other words, if you have a project which is set to review every Friday and you last reviewed it two weeks ago, it would end up assigning a review date of the upcoming Friday rather than last Friday.

So this didn't affect people who always did their reviews on the same device (probably pretty common if you had a weekly review routine involving the same device), nor did it affect people who never let a review slip past its review date and were synchronizing their devices regularly (since the synchronized next review dates would be read while they were still in the future, and thus wouldn't be skipped).

Sorry this slipped through the cracks! We're now testing a fix for the 1.0.2 release which we're planning to submit within the next few days.

I downloaded the update.

I still don't understand why projects don't queue up by staleness in review mode (iPad version) as they do in the desktop version. Why would they queue up according to the order in the project menu? I think I'm missing something.

thanks!!

Many of us use order in project mode as a rough sort of priority. So, for example, my personal and family projects are above my work ones, to help overcome my workaholic tendencies. When I'm up to date on my reviews, then ordering by project order is great for me.

That said, it is strange that the orders don't match between the iPad and Mac. Use Contact Omni in the gear menu to make sure your concerns are heard.

Curt