The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

no dates settings in settings screen iphone Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi all,

I am new to omnifocus, I already love the program,
only I want to see all actions of today in the due soon folder, now I
see only the orange ones (that started already today).

I read in the iphone manual:

The Due Soon smart group collects all items that have a due date in the next two days; you can adjust this time span in the Settings screen.

I see indeed the heading Dates in my settings but nothing can be changed here.... ?

Does anybody know how to solve this problem?

Vince

You should find a clickable arrow with the text "due soon means" right underneath the header "Dates". This is where you can choose the next 24 hours as the span for your "Due Soon". If it is not there, try restarting the phone if you have not already.

If you use Omnifocus for Mac, however, you will be able to create your own, customised perspectives/groups with more advanced filtering. This will sync to your iphone. But, unfortunately, you cannot create these on the phone.

The upcoming 1.7.3 release fixes a recently-introduced bug in 1.7.2 where the "Due Soon Means" setting was unavailable unless syncing was enabled.

(1.7.3 was submitted to the App Store for review over a week ago, so hopefully it won't be long before it's approved.)

Thanks for your answer, I think the problem came when I updated my iphone to version 4.1, so the update of omnifocus probably fix this.

I updated to 1.7.3 :) and indeed I see now at settings at Dates: "Due soon means" It can be set to 24 hours, 2 days, 3days etc. Problem fixed you would say.

But the option doesn't work at my iphone, yes I can set a value for example 24 hours but in Due Soon I don't see the actions for the coming 24 hours.

Could anyone help me with this?
Thanks

Hmmm... off the top of my head, you probably want to check that the action has a due date assigned in the next 24 hours and has either no start date assigned or one that's in the past.

If those are both true, the project the action is in is active, and the context for the action isn't set to "on hold", I would expect it to show in the due soon list. If it isn't, you'll probably want to email our support ninjas - we'll be happy to look into this with you - I'm sorry for the trouble!