The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Frill-less "timed out" dialog box? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
This morning, I turned on my computer, unlocked the screen, and was presented with this dialog box:

It seems rather uninformative and unpolished, so I thought I'd mention it. Is it related to MobileMe/WebDAV syncing?

(1.1 77.4.0.102776)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	OFTimedOut.png
Views:	837
Size:	16.5 KB
ID:	573  

Last edited by AquaMethod; 2008-07-14 at 10:38 AM..

Good question.

I'm guessing this might be an error with iCal (and their error message, since I was unable to find this error message on our side).

I've logged a bug for it though.

I also got the bubble-type dialog box with exactly the same message on my iPhone today ...

J.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmas View Post
I'm guessing this might be an error with iCal (and their error message, since I was unable to find this error message on our side).
I'm not syncing to iCal, but I am to iDisk. I sometimes see that error on the desktop also.

Curt

We fixed this untitled dialog in one of yesterday's builds. From the release notes:

Quote:
Improved the handling of synchronization errors: rather than immediately interrupting to display an untitled alert dialog, synchronization errors now update the sync status in Sync Preferences. (Clicking on the info button displays more details about the error.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case View Post
We fixed this untitled dialog in one of yesterday's builds. From the release notes: [...]
Oh, man. I've got to read those at some point. I guess I'm not used to checking them each day--I normally don't use the SP builds, unless there's a really compelling feature in them. As there is this time. Thanks for the info!