The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Error importing OmniOutliner Pro with notes Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
OmniGraffle 5 does a pretty good job of importing OmniOutliner files into a graph. But if an outline item has a note, OmniGraffle will not open the file. Instead, the following error is displayed:
The document “file name.oo3” could not be opened. *** -[NSCFString name]: unrecognized selector sent to instance 0x8b1240
Can anyone repeat this, or is it something peculiar to my installation?

--
Jim

Yes, this is a known issue, and it's been fixed for the 5.0.1 beta releases, if you're interested.

Here's the scenario:

In OmniGraffle Pro 5.1.1, I open an Outliner Pro 3.7.2 file. If, in the opening dialogue, I designate one of the Outliner columns to be 'Notes', it opens fine. But when I try to Save or roll-over a box with notes attached to it, I get errors.

If I try to Save the OmniGraffle file, I get this error message:

If I try to roll over a box with a note attached, I get this error:

Going to dig around on the forums and see if I can find a workaround.

Well, I can't repro the same issues you're having when I start from scratch, but if you were to send in your originating Outliner file to omnigraffle@omnigroup.com we'd surely like to take a look at it.