The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OpenSSL AES 256 bit encryption of tasks and project names Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello folks,

I wanted to have a way of encrypting tasks and projects in OmniFocus (primarily so that I can put PII/financial, etc. data in OF without having to worry about iPod shoulder surfing or it getting hacked if stolen) but since there's no native encryption capabilities for it and since I couldn't find what I wanted on the web...AppleScript to the rescue!! So I spent a large portion of last night (till the wee hours) learning AppleScript and trying to find a graceful way of addressing what I wanted so here's what came out. Forgive me if you find my AppleScript disgraceful; this is my first attempt at coding using this scripting language.

There likely will be other updates to make it more robust later and I may be nudged into updating it further if I find a suggestion useful. I'll try to get some webspace to drop my stuff there so I don't have to post updates here :).

Enjoy!

Edited 10/04/2011. I'm cutting off the script from this post and referring to my website instead for an enhanced version of the script. The site is still under construction but the location shouldn't change or I'll make sure to update the link below it if it does.

http://www.adagjeo.net/Adagjeo/OmniF...and_Tasks.html

Last edited by omniinmo; 2011-12-26 at 10:17 PM..

Hello,

Thanks for your interesting script !

In need help for using your script. I am little confused :-)

So, first, I wonder if its work under mountain lion 10.8.2 ?
Because, when generating the shadow file and searching for the "Salt", I don't get the characters between the two dollars symbols like in your description.

Here is an sample of what I enter in terminal to test :
openssl passwd -1 azerty >> shadow
md5 "/path/to/shadow"

And here is what I get :
19806c9053b01083ec427f204aef9bb2

What is the "Salt" from this result ?

Also, If you can describe briefly a few steps (with examples pls) the encryption / decryption of an OF task or project.

Great thanks in advance for your time
Wonderful Forum !!
Loyd

No one can help me ?

Loyd