The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Preferences and Bookmarks removed Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I looked around to not reinvent the wheel here...

Since at least the 3 to 4 for most recent Version of 5.7 sneaky peek I loose all my Settings and the Bookmarks from time to time.

Which means OW starts as if it started the first time ever.
It is as if the *.plist and the bookmark file is overwritten :-/

Yes, I have sync bookmarks with .Mac ON (which of course is then reset as well).

OS-X 10.5.2, MBP 17" 2.33 GHZ "GB
Build details:

Product: OmniWeb-5.7
Tag: OmniWeb-5.7-Beta-2-v618
Date: 2008-03-24 15:43:56 -0700
Builder: rachael
Host: tb104i.private.omnigroup.com
Revision: 98981

Hi, sorry no one responded to you sooner. I actually really have no idea why this would be happening. If you're still seeing the problem, does this occur with any other applications as well? Does the problem appear if you turn bookmark syncing off?

We don't sync preferences at all but if you have bookmark syncing enabled OmniWeb actually looks in a different location for your bookmarks so it would make sense that your bookmarks disappear if your preferences are removed.

Also, I highly recommend sending mail to omniweb5@omnigroup.com if you need a response from our Support Ninjas, we aren't always quick to respond here on the forums.