The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Auto-Rearrange? Please help. Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,

I don't even know how to search for this so please forgive me if this is obvious or if it's been answered before. (a search on re-arrange give back nothing relevant)

I am a brand new OmniGraffle user. When I am creating a UML diagram and trying to place a line between classes, the program will sometimes take my diagram and re-arrange it into a horizontal line... all class in one horizontal line. The only way I can save my work is to revert back to a saved document because I cannot step out of this by using undo.

Does anyone know how I can stop it from doing this?

It's really freaking me out and killing my productivity.

Thanks,
Ted

You can disable automatic layout in the Diagram Layout Inspector.

Keep in mind that the built-in templates in the "Brainstorming" and "Organizational Charts" category have this turned on by default, those in "Drawing" and "Space Planning" do not.

Hope that helps,

THANK YOU!!

That was it!

I didn't even realize that was on as I selected a blank drawing template.

Thanks again!

That's great but my page just exploded after some keystroke I unintentionally made and now I'm hosed. Isn't there an Undo for this "feature?"