The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Saving Error Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have made my first OmniGraffle page, and I saved it as a template.
I am now trying to work within that template but whenever I save it I get the error:
the document "untitled" could not be saved as "xxxx.graffle"

I have tried working on this file through the template or simply as a new blank document and I get the same error.
HELP!

Did you start the process by using File->New Resource->New Template...?

Do that, make your template document, File->Save. Now to actually use the template, do File->Template Chooser..., pick your template, and click New Diagram. Immediately do a File->Save to set the filename and location so that there's no issue with that discovered after you've done a whole bunch of work.

Are you by any chance trying to save to a file server instead of a local disk? I understand there can be some issues in that scenario.