The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Paste any lines in Clipboard as new tasks Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by amelchi View Post
in automator no errors but nothing happens, nor Growl notification
Script and service both working here.

OS X difference ? I won't run 10.7 until it has been fully weaned - probably many months away - it seems to have a weak cost-benefit ratio at the moment :-)

With the service, check, of course that you have selected some text. With the script, make sure that you have cut and pasted all of the script itself into the script editor a missing line at the start, for example would certainly cause errors.

Good luck !

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobTrew View Post
Script and service both working here.

OS X difference ? I won't run 10.7 until it has been fully weaned - probably many months away - it seems to have a weak cost-benefit ratio at the moment :-)

With the service, check, of course that you have selected some text. With the script, make sure that you have cut and pasted all of the script itself into the script editor a missing line at the start, for example would certainly cause errors.

Good luck !
it works now... even on Lion!
thanks

amelchi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case View Post
OmniFocus has built-in support for pasting multiple lines of text as separate tasks: you don't need to use this script. Just click on a row handle next to wherever you'd like your new tasks to show up, then use Paste (Command-V).
That's cool I didn't realize that, thanks for the tip Ken. It took me a second to figure out that this only works in Project view.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
Admittedly, Paste followed by Indent does the same (for the action case)
This doesn't work for me in OmniFocus. Do you mean if the second and third etc. line are tabbed in then it should create a nested action list?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skillet View Post
This doesn't work for me in OmniFocus. Do you mean if the second and third etc. line are tabbed in then it should create a nested action list?
If you select some lines like these:
  • First line
  • Second line
  • Third line

copy them to the clipboard, select a target row in OmniFocus (in project mode), and paste, you'll get those lines as separate rows immediately following the target row, with the newly pasted rows still selected, and if you then do Edit->Outlining->Indent (or more likely, cmd-]) they will be made into an action group with the originally selected target row as the parent.

That's what the original script does, too, though it seems to tack on an extra blank line at the end, and the selection state is different after it completes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post

That's what the original script does, too, though it seems to tack on an extra blank line at the end, and the selection state is different after it completes.

Thanks you have helped me a crazy amount this week. The cmd+] makes sense.

The script for me only tacks on a blank line for me if I copy in stuff past the last line. After running it for me it keeps the original action selected but of course turns it into an aunt.

In the case of this picture the "Test task example" action was originally selected and then turned into an aunt but remains selected.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen shot 2011-09-16 at 5.06.34 PM.png
Views:	582
Size:	12.3 KB
ID:	2024