The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Repeating list of tasks Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
I have a list of related tasks, A,B,C,D and I want to have them done at some point in the future, doesn't matter too much when. If I turn them into a project with a due date, then all tasks will have that due date and they'll never get done, because I have enough stuff due each day that I never start on things more than 2 days away.

Setting regular due dates on each task would be a bit of work (A in 3 days, B in 6, C in 9, &c) but the big problem with that is that if my schedule slides by a few days, all tasks will be overdue unless I play catch-up.

So I tried making a repeating task which would become due 3 days after completion, with A,B,C,D as sub tasks. I was hoping that, after completing A, B would pop up as being due 3 days from now.

But no....

Does anyone know a way to have such a list of regularly coming tasks?

Another way out would be if OF had a way of selecting a whole project and saying "move all due dates back by 4 days". I've asked for that feature a long time ago, but so far Santa hasn't implemented it.

Yet another solution (and another feature I asked for) would be to set a project due date, and tell OF "spread out the due dates of the tasks evenly between now and the project due date".

Oh well. One can keep dreaming.

Victor.