The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

OF vs. Things Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
I'm not sure how much this has been discussed already, but has there been some discussion on comparing these two apps? (Things is still Alpha). I found some info elsewhere comparing the two.

What is the advantage of OF vs. Things as far as we can tell? I'm not that familiar with either one yet (nor am I very familiar with GTD but I understand the basic ideas I think). As I understand it Things uses general tags instead of contexts and other columns with the idea that it is more flexible. I suppose this could be a positive or negative depending on your system.

I didn't want to spend too much time learning OF without any documentation to guide me (although the video is good), but I want to decide whether I should buy at the pre-release price.