The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraphSketcher > OmniGraphSketcher for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Can I use Sketcher to "mark up" an image or PDF? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm a prospective OmniGraphSketcher for iPad buyer. I have other Omni products.

I was wondering if I can copy an image from Safari, paste it into Sketcher and then draw on top of it?

Johnsel, it looks like the resident OGS experts are all out of the office today, but if you send an email to our support ninjas, we can track down an answer for you. Sorry for the delay!

I gave this a quick test on my iPad and wasn't able to get it to work, but I'm not certain I'm not just doing it wrong. :-)

Did you want the image you are marking up to be part of the final result, or just a template?

I don't believe OmniGraphSketcher will work for you here. There's nothing in the documentation for the iPad version about pasting in images, and I can't paste in an image with either Mac or iPad version. Additionally, the Mac version has a related transparent window option to allow you to trace or compare with another image, and that feature is documented, so I'm not inclined to think that the documentation team just didn't document the feature you want.

However, OmniGraphSketcher may not really be the right tool for the job. OmniGraffle also has a freehand drawing facility which doesn't distort what you drew (OGS turns it into a smooth curve), offers layer support, and allows the insertion of other images. You can trace a figure and then remove the image you traced. If there's an Apple Store near you, you can try it out on one of their demo iPads.