The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Red Numbers Show up for remaining actions in a sequential project Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
When working with the red numbers... if I have a project that has a due date, with three actions that do not have due dates, the actions inherit the due date of the project. (wonderful design)

However, if the project is sequential, and I haven't completed the first action yet, the third action is showing up as due in its context.

My expected behavior is the numbers only show up for actions that are available. Otherwise, I go to a context with a red number but do not see the action... if I change my view settings to remaining and see the action, I still can't do anything about it until the other actions have been completed.

Last edited by SpiralOcean; 2007-11-11 at 10:19 AM.. Reason: better title description

Maybe a better behavior would be for the red numbers to follow the filter, if I am looking at available, show the available due items. If I am looking at remaining, show the remaining due items.

The same with the start date.

If the start date is tomorrow, and the due date is one day after the start date, I still see an orange number for that item... because the due date is two days out. But the start date hasn't appeared yet, so the item isn't available for me to work on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiralOcean View Post
My expected behavior is the numbers only show up for actions that are available. Otherwise, I go to a context with a red number but do not see the action... if I change my view settings to remaining and see the action, I still can't do anything about it until the other actions have been completed.
Presumably, though, if the third item in a sequential project is due on a given date, the first and second items are also due on that date. Otherwise, you'll have to renegotiate the due date with yourself or whoever set the due date. I think the current behavior is a good way to remind myself that something is due soon, and if I don't see it in available actions, I had better find out why not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianogilvie View Post
Presumably, though, if the third item in a sequential project is due on a given date, the first and second items are also due on that date. Otherwise, you'll have to renegotiate the due date with yourself or whoever set the due date. I think the current behavior is a good way to remind myself that something is due soon, and if I don't see it in available actions, I had better find out why not.
Good point.