The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Can't get rid of kinks in connector lines, going nuts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hey Omni Group -

I'm trying to make a large document where most of the connector lines between objects are totally straight. No kinks, no angles, but still attached to the shapes.

I haven't found an easy way to do this. The orthogonal setting gives most of the lines an annoying kink in the middle. Adding magnets manually can get around this, but it's a pain in the butt: both to get the line straight and to have to constantly readjust magnets if I have more than one straight line from a shape. Plus, I don't want to manually add hundreds of magnets... I just want straight lines.

Is there no easy way to say "this line is a connector, but it should always be straight if possible?"

Here's an illustration of the problem:

Thanks!

Hi Boris,
You should check out the sticky post in this forum that describes the new line behavior:
http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=21650

I can't believe it's not the default yet, I just enabled it a couple weeks ago and it's already saved me a bunch of time!