The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Controlling how lines intersect with shapes Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,

I am trying to inscribe lines inside of shapes (e.g. a circle or square divided into halves/quarters, etc) and I am getting unexpected results.

If I start the line outside of the shape, the end point of the line remains at the edge of the shape and looks like it is behind the shape, even though I am 'inside' the shape. Once I get outside of the shape, the line returns to my cursor and the whole line is visible again.

If I start the line INSIDE the shape, the line forms from the center of the shape and extends to my cursor, rather than simply letting me click and drag as it would outside of the shape.

I have played around with various settings, but I don't even know how to describe this behavior: it's not a line hop issue or a matter of ordering. The issue exists even if the lines and the shapes are on separate layers. Is there a setting I can tweak so that if I draw a line over or inside a shape, it doesn't attach itself to the edge?

The workaround I have been using is to simply draw the line completely apart from the shape and just drag it into place, but it seems like odd behavior...

Regards,

Perry
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	OmnigraffleOddity.jpg
Views:	554
Size:	3.4 KB
ID:	888  

Last edited by pubb; 2009-03-16 at 06:56 AM..

You probably want to go into the Properties:Connections inspector and uncheck various "Allow Connection" boxes.