The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Task sort order Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi all, i just noticed the sort order of tasks isn't sortable in OF. I noticed this because i put a lot of tasks in the inbox on my iphone, and now back at home these don't sit in the same order as would have expected, that is at the bottom of the list. The actually get strangely mixed with tasks i put in on my macbook. Anyone else has this?

And wouldn't it be nice to have a possibility to sort actions in a list by, lets say input date? There now only is a "show" inspector; a "sort" inspector could be useful fo reviewing stuff, at least for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerben View Post
Hi all, i just noticed the sort order of tasks isn't sortable in OF. I noticed this because i put a lot of tasks in the inbox on my iphone, and now back at home these don't sit in the same order as would have expected, that is at the bottom of the list. The actually get strangely mixed with tasks i put in on my macbook. Anyone else has this?
No, I haven't noticed this. The stuff in my Inbox seems to be ordered by when it was entered, although I've managed to make that order a bit hard to determine when entering and syncing test cases on both devices simultaneously.
Quote:
And wouldn't it be nice to have a possibility to sort actions in a list by, lets say input date? There now only is a "show" inspector; a "sort" inspector could be useful fo reviewing stuff, at least for me.
You can sort the order of items in your Inbox or a project by selecting the items and using Edit->Sort to choose the desired sort. This permanently reorders them and their sequencing in a sequential project, unlike the view bar sort settings which merely changes the order of display temporarily and does nothing to change the actual sequence in which OF will present the actions in a Next Action view. Date Added is one of the options.