The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

How do you handle "Agenda stuff" Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm leading the development of a website. I manage 2 developers and a designer.

For this purpose I need to maintain lists of

- bugs to be fixed (we have a bug tracking system set up)
- ideas for features
- things to find a solution to
- flows to define and handle
- etc.

Bugs is easily tracked, but I'm having problems how to manage the other stuff.

One way to do it seems to create a action in OF "Discuss features with X", place it in the Agenda:X context, and then maintain the list in the notes for the task. My problem here is, that often we don't end up with a concrete decision on the stuff on the agenda, and things need to carry over to next time we talk. If I tick the task of as done, the list disappers.

Another way would be to keep another list somewhere else with these running issues to discuss and track - but where, on a practical level, could I maintain lists like these?

Any input on this would be appreciated!

- Jeppe

I work in a similar sounding role whereby I make a note to discuss tasks with people and then follow them through.

To record that I need to speak to people I use a context of @Personsname (I use @ to signify a discussion)

Once, I've spoken to them, if I've had the conversation and I'm waiting for them to do it, I also have a set of Waiting>Personsname contexts (which are also on hold).

Click for large view - Uploaded with Skitch

If having spoken to them, the issue still isn't resolved, I wouldn't mark it as done. I may amend the task name to signify that it's a continuation of a discussion but that's it.

As an aside, I also make use of Pivotal Tracker for my collaboration work and a version release of an app may even consist of:

Project
> Do this [Me]
> Do that [Me]
> Version 1.0 released
> Do everything on PT for this release [Personsname]
> Take credit [Me]

Working well at the moment.

Last edited by Finlay Boo; 2011-03-25 at 12:30 PM..