The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Outdenting causes project deletion Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Apologies if this has already been mentioned somewhere else - I've searched but couldn't find any problem exactly like this.

Here's the scenario: I had a two level group (group title and one action) created by selecting two separate actions and then creating a group. I completed the action at the bottom of the group tree, checking its box so that it disappeared. This then left the top level of the group without any actions. So to make the group title back into an action, I try and outdent the top level in the group. When I do this, the group disappears, along with ALL my projects bar the one I was in.

I've tried changing the views and sorting, just in case I'm missing them, but under the Projects tab, in my Library, and with 'All Projects' clicked, there's only one project left out of 10+ original projects.

Wha?

I tried restoring from a backup from yesterday, the day before that, and the day before that, but none of the old projects reappear.

Wha?

Any ideas would be welcomed, since I've just lost a LOT of work. Is this a bug? Am I missing something?

Thanks! Otherwise this is a fantastic product that I've been nothing but happy with.

Is it possible that the window has been focused? If it is, and you outdented the window outside of the project that the window is focused on, that could explain what you're seeing...

If so, selecting
View -> Show All Projects
should un-hide everything.

(Another option would be selecting
Perspectives -> All Items)

I've tried changing focus and perspectives. 'All Projects' doesn't change anything, and I didn't have any perspectives set up. Thanks for the tip, though.

Try looking at everything in your database by selecting "All Items" from the Perspectives menu. Do the missing items show up anywhere in that list?

Just tried that - nothing appears. Also, when I try and create new folders and projects, it's doing really weird things - folders are disappearing randomly, as are projects. I guess the database might be corrupted?

I just started afresh - deleted old database files, as per instructions on other threads - and it all seems to be behaving OK now. I haven't tried to outdent, though, and I don't think I want to...