The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

$40? Seriously? [OmniFocus for iPad Pricing Feedback] Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger-63 View Post
Another thumbs up for iThoughts and you can import/export to MindJet Mind Manager.
I was worried that I'd be the only one who thought iThoughts was a nice App, thanks Dillinger-63 for voicing your support. :)

I've always found it a bit odd that Omni doesn't implement OPML import-export across its programs. I mean, why do I have to bugger around in OmniOutliner to get stuff over to OmniFocus, yet even bizarre Apps like iMandalArt have the ability to import-export OPML as standard.

Marcus Sommer, over in the Omni Lounge, makes an intriguing case for an OmniGroup format, which I think is an excellent idea, click this link to take a look.

I love iThoughtsHD.

I'm actually working on a way to sync it to OFiPad, on the iPad, by pulling OPML from DropBox and using that to create a new project within my OF sync file on a WebDAV server. Should be slick if it ends up working like I hope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger-63 View Post
Another thumbs up for iThoughts and you can import/export to MindJet Mind Manager.
Double thumbs up from me too. I just purchased it today having seen it mentioned on here and it's awesome. I've tried a few mind-mapping apps on the Mac but with the touch interface it's a much more fluid experience. Very nice indeed.

I've added comments that apply to this thread over on OmniGraffle for iPad, click here to take a look.

Last edited by endoftheQ; 2010-08-12 at 03:37 AM..

Purchased OmniFocus to use on my MacBook because of it's ability to sync with the iPhone. Have had my iPad for awhile waiting for the iPad version. It is now available and I find I need to pay $40.00 for yet another license. Way to much to have acces on my iPad. Very disappointed. :mad:

Completely agree!

Maybe all the loyal followers should donate all this extra money they have to Omni so they price the ipad version so I'm not rebuying the app all the time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pg34 View Post
Maybe all the loyal followers should donate all this extra money they have to Omni so they price the ipad version so I'm not rebuying the app all the time
It's a new app, why shouldn't they be paid for it? If it isn't of sufficient value to you, don't buy it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
It's a new app, why shouldn't they be paid for it? If it isn't of sufficient value to you, don't buy it!
whpalmer4, you've hit the nail-on-the-head. It's not a question of price-point but value-for-money.

I don't think of myself as price sensitive. However, having downloaded OmniGraphSketcher (c'mon guys, no data import?!) and OmniGraffle for iPad and deleted both of them, bought into OmniFocus for iPad and thought "meh!" I'm not sure that I'll be so cavalier in purchasing OmniOutliner, OmniPlan and OmniWeb for the iPad as they get released.

Perhaps there is a 'value' that I'm not perceiving in the current crop of Omni's premium-priced products against competitors, it doesn't seem from reading other Member's comments that I'm alone in that. If there is such a 'value', Omni is failing to inform and educate a long-term user like myself about what the benefits exactly are.

As I've mentioned in other threads, an OmniGroup format would probably make the suite compelling to me, but I'm not holding my breath that's ever going to happen.

If I'm missing the point, happy to be enlightened! :confused:

Last edited by endoftheQ; 2010-08-15 at 03:09 AM..

Quote:
Originally Posted by endoftheQ View Post
whpalmer4, you've hit the nail-on-the-head. It's not a question of price-point but value-for-money.

I don't think of myself as price sensitive. However, having downloaded OmniGraphSketcher (c'mon guys, no data import?!) and OmniGraffle for iPad and deleted both of them, bought into OmniFocus for iPad and thought "meh!" I'm not sure that I'll be so cavalier in purchasing OmniOutliner, OmniPlan and OmniWeb for the iPad as they get released.

Perhaps there is a 'value' that I'm not perceiving in the current crop of Omni's premium-priced products against competitors, it doesn't seem from reading other Member's comments that I'm alone in that. If there is such a 'value', Omni is failing to inform and educate a long-term user like myself about what the benefits exactly are.

As I've mentioned in other threads, an OmniGroup format would probably make the suite compelling to me, but I'm not holding my breath that's ever going to happen.

If I'm missing the point, happy to be enlightened! :confused:
I think herein lies the issue. Value is such a personal or relative thing that it's not easy for anyone to quantify. Would someone who paid $$$$ for Audi R8 would perceive value for money versus someone who paid $$ for Toyota would for their Corolla. The Corolla is a great car mind you, but a person who purchased the Audi might find his Audi more valuable than the Corolla regardless of its price. Also, complaining to Audi that their R8 costs too much money won't do any good as long as there are people who perceive value in that car and purchase it.

So, each one of us need to decide for our own whether OG's applications (e.g., OF, Graffle, Sketcher for iPad) are worth the price (valuable).

Then, if you think it's not worth it, then don't buy it. We can debate this issue ad infinitum on this forum, but we won't get anywhere. Also, keep complaining about the price won't get you anywhere I'm afraid since OG won't lower the price at this point.