The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

maybe i have to say bye to Omnifocus... Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
i download OF for mac and bought OF for iPhone(on my itouch) last week.i really love it but...i have several requests OF doesn't offer...

1 IMO,the Due Date should have two kinds.One is Due Date with no time,another is Due Date with time(and push notifications).That's flexible!Different people have different requests.Some people need every item with Due day with time,some not.For me,when i work on my homework,i do not know exactly time when i can finish one subject and start the next one.And i also need OF push notification to me when 8pm to remind me take a shower(every night).

2 i can not understand how "repeating" works on OF.For example,i want to make a project on OF like:"do SAT OG",start at 3/20/12,due at 4/11/12.I hope OF can repeating this item everyday during this time(3/20~4/11),so i can easily find it in my ''forecast'.But OF can not work in this way...

That's problems i met so far on OF.Are there anyone can give me any help?Should I give up OF temporarily?

P.S.i am an Asian so maybe i made some grammar mistakes,i hope you can understand me...

Welcome to the forums, siyuan!

If I'm understanding your requests correctly, I think OmniFocus can do what you're after.

For example, OmniFocus supports both "tomorrow" and "tomorrow, 8pm" as due dates. If you do not specify a due time, OmniFocus will use the time specified in the "Data" pane of OmniFocus for Mac's Preferences.

If your device is running iOS 5, OmniFocus will use the Notification Center feature to provide reminders on your device - since the data is already on your phone, the push notification system is not required.

Regarding the "do SAT OG" task - it sounds like you want an action "due every 1 day". The first action would have 3/20/12 as the deadline, and when it was checked off, a new action that was due the following day would be created.

Does that help? If not, let us know and we'll be happy to assist.

Thank you for reply!

Yes,I knew what you say.I just dislike OF push notifications to me when some of my items i don't need notifications.(because it always has a exactly time even if i can change the default time in Preference).I think I am not the only person dislike that:http://goo.gl/E1Zxm http://goo.gl/RaH8z

Yes,i also find that OF can "due every 1 day",i am going to make another action in 4/11 to remind me finish "do SAT OG".

Thanks for your help!I think it not perfect(i do not think i can find an "perfect" to-do APP,hahaha) for me but it is good enough to make me continue to use OF.

I guess I will meet other question about OF(so many Chinese think it is kind of hard to learn how use OF :p,maybe it is easy for American?),I'll ask help on here (: