The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Feature Requests
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Undo/Command-Z should reopen last closed window or tab Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'd like this too. I loved it when it got added to Safari (can't remember if that was via Saft or not), and Opera's method makes sense to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eugene View Post
I would love to see OW be able to undo an array of "destructive" actions. Using the history would not work well with my browsing habits. I tend to maintain multiple windows each with multiple tabs. I also read and delete some tabs faster than others, while opening new tabs as well. I do not guarantee that I delete tabs in the order that I open them. Since history is chronologically ordered by time of opening tabs and not time of closing tabs, finding tabs open long ago but just recently & accidentally closed are lost in the LONG past history list.

In for undo!
Yes, I often have this experience myself.

Wouldn't a 'simple' solution to the problem Ken raised, re whether to undo a text operation or a closed tab, be to include the closed tab(s) in the 'undo stack'.

This would be in addition to the more discoverable options to add the options to the History menu.