The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 4 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

feature request - hashtags Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogbar View Post
Just tried it - got an error message:

execution error: OmniOutliner got an error: Can,Aot make (name:"TAG", type:type, width 154) into type properties of column (1700)

FYI, "TAG" refers to a text column in my outline ... but I get this result whether I'm searching for something in that or any other column.
Woops, sorry about that! I'd just quickly tested the script with a single-column document, but multi-column documents had a few more references to "type of [column]" which needed to change to "column type of [column]".

I've edited my post above to include these fixes.

Man, we get good service around here. Thanks for the fast scripting, Ken.

The only thing I'd need to make this filtering script really valuable to me is if it kept parent items with the search results. Without parent items, context is lost, and the results are sometimes meaningless.

I'm not a scripter, so I don't even know if that's possible ... is it?

I'm using OO 4.0.4 and now this script doesn't work as it once did. It used to highlight every row that had the search string.

Now - unless I'm doing something wrong - it simply collapses Top Level items that do not have the search string in it, or in any of its children.

In other words, if I have an outline of 1, 1A, 1B, 1C, 2, 2A, 2B, and 2C .... and the search string is in 2B, the script will collapse 1 and leave all the rows under 2 expanded. And the row with the search string is not highlighted.

Any way to edit this script to get back to the "highlight all the found rows" functionality?