The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Downloaded DMG file becomes a bzip2 file Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
I clicked the "Download Disk Image" graphic on the SiteSucker home page. OmniWeb shows this download link:
http://www.sitesucker.us/archive/latest/SiteSucker.dmg
But the file that downloads is named <SiteSucker.dmg.bz2>. And double-clicking this bzip2 file creates a <SiteSucker.dmg.bz2.cpgz> file instead of extracting the disk image. Removing the .bz2 suffix from the downloaded file turns it into a mountable disk image.

Where is the .bz2 suffix coming from?

Does the bzip2 double-click behavior make sense?

I vaguely recall seeing this behavior in times past, but I didn't take the time to figure what was happening.

[submitted as formal feedback]

Last edited by Ward; 2008-11-03 at 07:13 AM.. Reason: fix typo