The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Project Management in OmniOutliner / Feature Request Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello - I've just starting using OO Pro and am using the KGTD system for my own tasks, and general outlines for projects.

It is possible I just have not found this yet, but, I would be very interested to know how I could mark an outline entry as a "milestone" and print just the milestones.

It might work if I could:

1. add a column as a Milestone marker, which contains an M if the task is a Milestone

2. open the left hand drawer, enter M in, and have OO just filter down to the tasks that have that characteristic

3. be able to print that filtered view

Does this exist already, or is it planned?

Any advice appreciated. Thanks very much in advance.

Cheers,
Rick Cogley
Tokyo, Japan

Not quite what you want, but in the Print dialogue, select the OmniOutliner Pro option from the drop down menu. You can then choose to filter the checked/unchecked items from the printout of your outline:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKT
Not quite what you want, but in the Print dialogue, select the OmniOutliner Pro option from the drop down menu. You can then choose to filter the checked/unchecked items from the printout of your outline:

Thank you Jonathan.
I was thinking that checkbox was to indicate the task was completed, but maybe it will work.

I hope for a robust method in a future version... :D

Cheers,
Rick Cogley
Tokyo