The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Filter tasks created when adding by email Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
To Everyone,

My work email automatically adds a security tag and signature. These become new tasks when sending myself tasks from work. Is there a way to automatically filter the signature block and security tag to prevent them becoming new tasks?

Sincerely,
Dale

Hi Dale. Are either of those items preceded with "--"? That's my best guess as to the source of the problem. Any line in the email that begins with "--" gets added to OmniFocus as a new action.

There are several other reserved characters too. For example, the dollar sign is reserved for specifying task duration, so you can't currently log a task like "Pay John $10 for dinner" via email because everything after the $ gets interpreted as a time estimate.

If you search for "Processing Mail messages into actions" in the OmniFocus Help, you'll find an explanation of all the reserved characters.

Hope this helps.

-Dennis