The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OF Dashboard Widget: OmniFidget (Leopard Only) Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I just installed OmniFidget. Although I would love to see some features added, I think this a great direction. It seems the beauty of this widget is its simplicity. You just see one task at a time.

Down the road features:
- be able to save context groups i.e. when I am home, here all of the contexts I can work on.

Thanks Omni!

Linked at this page, for those of you, like me, wondering what this is about.

Yes, an easier UI for choosing contexts would be key. It'd be nice if nested contexts picked up all their subordinate ones the way the main app does (e.g., @computer also checks @computer:@web, @computer:@email, etc.). And then of course we'll be looking for flag indication, a quick way to get to task notes, ...

I also noticed that the text of a task gets dropped where there's at at-sign @ in it.

That's very slick. I'll have to pare my list of 40 contexts down a bit for the widget to be useful though.

Curt

Oh it is shiny, I like it. I agree with Craig on the nesting of contexts, but other than that it is pretty cool.

This widget also forces you to write very clear NA's. I just had one come up that said, "figure out logistics." I have NO idea what this means.

That being said, it would be nice to have see what project that a NA relates to. . .

Steve

I just had the same thing as steve, I've got no idea what 131666 relates to (although I suspect it is a phone number).. It would be good for it to be able to chose perspectives as well (maybe only those perspectives based on context).

The widget doesn't do anything on my computer. It's got two buttons that don't do anything and pressing the "i" doesn't do anything either. Is there something you have to do to get it to work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by abh19 View Post
The widget doesn't do anything on my computer. It's got two buttons that don't do anything and pressing the "i" doesn't do anything either. Is there something you have to do to get it to work?
I didn't have to do anything to get the widget to work. Perhaps a silly question, but do you have OmniFocus running?

Looks like the widget shows all contexts including dropped ones. I'll have to look at the source and see how easy it is to restrict the list.

Curt

Quote:
Originally Posted by abh19 View Post
Yeah, I had that same result (under Tiger, didn't try Leopard), and yes, I did have OmniFocus running. Generally, I hate the dashboard, and normally don't run it, so I don't anticipate "figure out why OmniFidget doesn't seem to work" will bubble into the Next Action view any time soon for me, I just wanted to see what the fuss was all about :-)

abh19 & whpalmer4: It is possible that it doesn't play nice with Tiger. I think we only tested it on Leopard since it's just an "extra", though Dashcode claims it should run on 10.4.3+. Anyone else running into this?