The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Problem with Sync Preferences on 1.8SP Build Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I've submitted a crash log on this, but I'm wondering if anyone else is seeing this. This morning I noticed that my database had not synced between 1.8SP and my iPhone. I tried several things but nothing worked, so I went into preferences on the Mac and tried to look at the clients synced to the database and when I did so, the SP 1.8 crashed.

I restarted SP 1.8, set the sync to none, quit, and then deleted the sync file from my iDisk. I went back to SP 1.8, re-created a sync to iDisk, synced, but the OmniFocus.ofocus file was never created. I go into OF on the iPhone, synced, and then the OmniFocus.ofocus did appear on the iDisk. However, the SP 1.8 did not update with the changes. I go into preferences, look at sync clients, and SP 1.8 crashes again. I go into Time Machine, restore a SP 1.8 release from yesterday, and I see the same thing.

In desperation I again delete the OmniFocus.ofocus file created by OF iPhone, download OF 1.7.5, restart the sync process from scratch on the Mac, and the OmniFocus.ofocus file does appear on the iDisk. I share the settings with the iPhone, and the two devices sync properly.

Now if I were smart, I would have stopped right here but there are some features on SP 1.8 that I like, so I re-install the latest as of this morning (Revision: 136156). The Mac and the iPhone manage to sync successfully one time, then subsequent syncs are broken as before. Clicking on the sync clients on the Mac also crashes the SP as before. Anyone else seeing this?

I'm not seeing any issues. I have a similar setup to yours, though I also have an iPad in the mix. I was on rev 136134 on the desktop, but just updated to r136161 without issues.

I'd drop a note to the support ninjas. I wonder if there's a task in your database that is exposing a bug.

Curt

Thanks Curt. I've tracked down the issue beginning with a specific version of the SP builds. I went back and started with SP 136044-works fine, went to 136068-works fine, went to 136077-did not sync and crashed as described. I then reverted back to 136068 and it is working fine again.

This is not the first time I have had an issue with the SP builds that almost no one else has been able to duplicate. I reported another issue here and Ken was able to track it down.

I am having the same issue with r136156.

Latest update fixed it.

Working for me as well.