The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

How to duplicate tasks? [A: tap & hold on the action, then select from popover.] Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
On the Mac I can duplicate a task, but on the iPad I can't seem to do that. This would be handy to keep track of how often I work on something: duplicate, mark one copy complete and keep the other one in the list. Am I missing something or should I submit this as a feature request?

Hm, first read the manual: touch and hold an action brings up a menu for copying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicoledb View Post
Hm, first read the manual: touch and hold an action brings up a menu for copying.
Unfortunately, my German version doesn't seem to support the copying because I only receive the standard apple menue to copy the title but not the hole action.

Hold down then when the pop up appears select copy.

Hold down again. When the pop up appears select paste.

You should get a duplicate of the action.

Yeah, it looks identical to the usual popup, but it will copy the entire action. If you paste into another application, you only get the action title. If you paste it into OmniFocus, you get everything that makes sense. If you paste into a different project, the project field won't be copied. If you paste into the Inbox, neither project field nor context field will be copied.

Can it be done to duplicate a whole project as a template.?

No, that causes a crash. Also see this thread.