The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

WebKit Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi, I joined and downloaded the latest sp, hoping for something like the latest webkit, which passed the 'tests' which webkit is supposed to do (e.g. the rounded corners). How can I 'install' the latest webkit to omniweb? obviously, I can do it with shiira, because I can build it from the source, but omniweb...

Thanks in advance, ryan.

[edit] Ok, I guess it passes the box-sizing test...[/edit]

Last edited by nayr; 2006-05-21 at 04:07 PM..

OmniWeb is now built using WebKit. However, you can't just pull out the WebKit version it is using and snap in another one. The Omni folks tweak this and that to fit OmniWeb and WebKit together.

If you read the release notes for the sneaky peek (look in this forum at the pinned topic where you grabbed the sneaky peek release), you'll see that sp11 is based on WebKit version 13295 (from mid-March) although the latest WebKit nightly is 14505.

Also read the pinned note about installing the WebKit nightlies and why.

Last edited by bethkatz17582; 2006-05-21 at 04:38 PM.. Reason: (edit to mention pinned install directions and reasons)

hi Nayr, the tests you mention are the CSS3 implementation that the WebKit team has been adding lately. The version of WebKit that we are based on is from before most (if not all) of that CSS3 work went into WebKit. As such, until we move forward with WebKit, most of the CSS 3 stuff on the page you link won't work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nayr
How can I 'install' the latest webkit to omniweb? obviously, I can do it with shiira, because I can build it from the source, but omniweb...
Until we publish our modified version of WebKit, you won't be able to substitute your own build as we have made binary incompatible changes.

I imagine we will publish our version around the time we go beta, but certainly by the time we go final.

You can ofcourse download a WebKit nightly and try my tests with that :).