The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

OF is very slow Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Hi all,

my OF installation is getting slower and slower - it takes a few seconds to bring up the quick entry window and changing from contexts to projects takes much too long as well.
Indeed I have a lot of projects and tasks because I "misuse" OF for the purpose of collecting example sentences for a linguistic project. "Project" is the grammatical feature I examine and collect examples for, and "context" is the source where I found the sentence. I have over 1500 "next actions" now, meaning example sentences, and I am afraid this might have something to do with OF being so slow. But I thought 1500 is not so much, when you compare it to the amount of data some SQL databases have to hold.
I found OF very convenient not only for GTD, but also for the purpose of this collection - when I discover a new sentence I just open quick entry window and key it in. It would hurt if I could not continue doing that.
Is there a way for me to continue my collection in OF or do I have to look out for a separate tool? Any suggestions?
Any help very much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Frank