The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Overzealous Delete Key Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
One of the most annoying things about Omnifocus is the way the delete key works. If I create a new project entry and start typing its name, then change my mind and hit the delete key to backspace over it and try a new name, if I tap delete one time too many Omnifocus deletes the project entry completely. In notes, Omnifocus removes the last letter of the note, then moves the cursor up and starts deleting the item text. If I'm in item, it deletes the item and then jumps up and starts deleting letters from the item before it.

I've searched this forum and found a thread from 2007 where people were complaining about the same thing, but said that it had purportedly been "fixed" (there may be more, but VBulletin search still leaves a bit to be desired, so I finally gave up and started a new thread). I've been looking for a preference or something to control this behavior, but I can't seem to find one.

It is a bit of very counter-intuitive UI behavior for the cursor to move from one item to an unrelated item in any context, but in this case it is quite destructive, and Undo is not always able to rescue you if you notice it has happened too late).