The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Printing multi-page canvases Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have created several canvases which utilise a multi-page layout. When exporting to PDF, OG sets the canvas up as a single unprintable sheet, rather than as seperate pages which you get when using the Print command.

I'm guessing that this behaviour is as expected... is there any hope for optionally having multi-page canvases seperated into pdf pages in export? (it would be great to be able to keep my in-document links alive...).

I'm with mkuplens on this. It would be helpful to be able to export a document that spans multiple pages into a format that would be printable on multiple pages, such as for sending to clients who do not have OmniGraffle. The "print scale" feature is great, but makes the print too small to read when scaling documents that span a large number of pages. Any workarounds that anybody can suggest?

YES! Just found this!
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by stordoff
Is there a way to print to a PDF vector image but have it be more than one page? I use this print method to create PDF's that I can send to clients because the resolution is much better than other options. The problem is that if they want to print a hard copy, it is too small. Is there a way to make the "export to PDF vector image" option not shrink it to one page?
You could go to 'File' > 'Print' and click on the 'PDF' button in the lower left corner of the print window. From there you can save the printout as a PDF. If you want to specify the orientation and number of pages the PDF will have, do the following steps beforehand:

1. Open the File menu and select Page set up. Choose your preferred paper size and orientation.
2. Select Print (also under the File menu). Use the drop-down menu to switch to the OmniPlan section.
3. Select Timeline & Outline.
4. Make sure the dimensions are set to the number of pages wide and high you want.

That should do it!
You don't really have to do the other stuff, at least I didn't. Just Print > Save as PDF will make multiple pages for you. This has been bugging me for so long!!

This is amazing, and ridiculously simple. It works; thank you SO much!