The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

New Version of OmniFocus Web Interface [Old Thread] Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Does the OmniFocus Web Interface work with Tiger?

Where is the most recent version of it to be found?

If you add a task on the iPhone using OmniFocus Web Interface will it then show up in OF on the Mac?

And can notes that are connected with a task in OF be viewed on the iPhone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeBenoist View Post
Hello,

I've seen someone asking about exporting...
I've just tried 1Password a few days ago, and they do export to iPhone using a technique I know nothing about : Safari bookmarks. It seems you can have special types of bookmarks that do encapsulate webpages so you can view them locally.
Some explanations here :
http://switchersblog.com/2007/10/05/...d-manager.html

This could be some way of doing this.
No way to "edit" the information, but at least a way to read it.

What do you think ? Anybody here knows about this ?
You might want to check this post: http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthre...6621#post26621

There is a script that Martin created that allow precisly this.

Thanks ! I'll try it as soon as possible...

I too am a Rails developer and have made some changes to the source: mostly cleanup of the context code and added support for an arbitrary number of sub-contexts. I use indentation to denote the nesting.

Next I'll be looking at supporting a Projects view.

I'd like to contribute my changes and also coordinate work with anyone else who is modifying the code base. Is anyone coordinating this?

Martin

is this working with current builds? If so, is there a current and straightforward guide to installing and using it? I’d LOVE to be able to even just see my tasks for selected contexts (especially ‘ERRANDS’) on my iPhone like I could with iGTD (and it’s sync to .Mac functionality).

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

I'm a Ruby programmer for a day job, have done some Rails work, and also know a bunch of Ruby and perhaps some Rails devs, also GTD'ers likely buying OF, who will also be excited about this.

This web app may grow up pretty quickly. :D

Of course, this will likely be a totally moot point come February. ;-) Who knows? Perhaps Omni already has a pre-release of the official iPhone SDK. :D

Can anyone Omni comment on the license associated with this web app? For instance, as the source is obviously available, would their be any issue in turning it into, say, a RubyForge project and lining up a bunch of Ruby and Rails devs behind it?

I'm psyched already. If I didn't have work tomorrow morning, I'd fire this puppy up and start hacking away right now!!!! =D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan Light View Post
Can anyone Omni comment on the license associated with this web app? For instance, as the source is obviously available, would their be any issue in turning it into, say, a RubyForge project and lining up a bunch of Ruby and Rails devs behind it?
See my earlier post above: we'd be happy to see it posted to rubyforge (or some other open source repository) under our MIT-derived Omni Source Code License. Please feel free to do so!

God, I love you guys!!

I know what I'm doing for the next several nights...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan Light View Post
Project submitted to RubyForge. Bed time...
Could you please give the name of the project and maybe a URL? Can mere mortals download and use it yet? thanks