The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > Applying OmniFocus
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

[Download] Capture the action when no Mac/iPhone is in sight! Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Dear OmniFocus community,

last week after reading this excellent blog article, I realized how fundamentally my behaviour changed with OmniFocus in the last twelve months.

Since then I mostly used notebooks to capture upoming tasks and transfer them to OmniFocus later. But it never felt right, so I've created two templates (for now) that you might find useful too. If you have any questions or feedback, please let me know!

Quote:
»Getting Things Done« is not just about great software like OmniFocus for Mac and iPhone. It starts with a change of your habits. Collect tasks the instant they arise and transfer them to OmniFocus later with these templates ...
http://unttld.co.uk/labs/omnifocus-quick-entry/

P.S.: Dear OmniFocus team, I hope you don't mind I used and remixed your app icon for this … If you do, please let me know and I'll take it down immediately. Keep up the excellent work!

Last edited by FFFFlorian; 2009-08-09 at 09:10 AM..

Thanks for the link to my blog post! I'm so glad it was helpful to you.

I had a quick request. These forms look awesome, but I was wondering if you could make a version for 3x5 cards as well. I like to use my little Hipster PDA on occasion to capture tasks, and I'm a big fan of the DIY Planner Hipster PDA templates. There are a couple that are functionally similar to what you've done, but yours feels like it ties in much tighter with OmniFocus itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Agnello View Post

I had a quick request. These forms look awesome, but I was wondering if you could make a version for 3x5 cards as well. I like to use my little Hipster PDA on occasion to capture tasks, and I'm a big fan of the DIY Planner Hipster PDA templates.
Wow, I had the same thought, Matt.

Despite having OF in iPhone and Mac, I still carry my tiny ubiquous notepad inside my wallet. Sometimes I have great ideas or see interesting places while driving -- when my phone is plugged in iPod mode.

I use one page per entry, each page is 2,5 x 4,5. When I get home or office, I can just tear them off and toss into my in-basket.

Thank you for the suggestions! I am planning to extend the website with more templates (of course with different pocket-sized fomats) in the near future. I was just waiting for input like this because letter/DIN suits my needs at work best.

Thanks again, I'll keep you both posted when new stuff is up.

Great stuff, never thought of this but love it and will print and use right away! Thanks Florian. Great work here.

FFFlorian -
Wow; that is really, really awesome. Thank you! (Seriously, I think we have the best customers ever.)

I checked with the powers-that-be, and there's no problem with the way you're using the OmniFocus icon. We would ask that you make sure that it's very clear that your project is third-party and not Official Omni Stuff, and that you make it clear that you asked for and got our permission to use the icon, but that's all. Thanks again. :-)

Last edited by Brian; 2009-08-11 at 01:16 PM.. Reason: improperly placed emoticon. :-P

Has anybody of you experienced the templates in your everyday workflow and can give any suggestions/feedback for improvements?

Well, I've tried it - right now I'm using the letter size and I use the vertical form and I'm finding that I only use the task and context columns. I don't really have any tasks at the moment that have the "due" date. Just took a look at the horizontal form and realized that I could definitely use the Project/Goal column.

I'm finding the forms a bit cumbersome when I'm on the go outside home, though. The pocket size format would definitely be more useful in that status. I would find the horizontal layout in pocket form, easily inserted into a re-purposed planner or small 3-ring binder notebook, very useful indeed as I could tuck these into my pocketbook or backpack.

I agree with lolajl: the pocket size format would be great, to keep both on the desk or in the pocket. Anyway, thanks for your effotrts!