The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > Applying OmniFocus
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Perspectives Question: Today's Perspective using only tasks w/ due dates Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi There,

I would like to create a perspective that gives me the tasks I can do today organized by project (or by context) that includes only the tasks that I've given due dates. This will eliminate all the tasks that I've not yet given start dates - which is a pretty big list at the moment.

What I have done at the moment is a created a perspective set up like this:
Projects: remaining
Group projects by: start
Start projects by: start
Availability: remaining
Duration: any duration.

But this set up gives me both my tasks w/ dates and w/o dates.

I've read somewhere on the forums that a work around is to use flagging to eliminate the tasks w/o start dates. But that means I'll have to do a lot of flagging and I'd rather avoid this if possible.

Anyone know of a solution? Or maybe there is already a thread that I couldn't find?

If we need to add flagging then filter by flag, then I'd like to request a feature that allows filtering only those tasks w/ start dates.

Thanks for any insights you might have. I appreciate the forums and all the wisdom here.

Douglas

Quote:
Originally Posted by boogerus View Post
I would like to create a perspective ... that includes only the tasks that I've given due dates. ...

What I have done at the moment is a created a perspective set up like this:
Projects: remaining
Group projects by: start
Start projects by: start
Availability: remaining

--
JJW