The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Restored from backup - now projects and contexts corrupt Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I had to restore from backup on my Mac yesterday, I then sync'd my iPad and noticed that context names and folder and project names now contain a § character where a space should be

Context names are now Mac§online and project names are <folder>§project<>name<spaces<>ok on my iPad

Context names are now Mac§online on my Mac

I've tried a rebuild of the database but that hasn't sorted it - can anyone suggest a fix to remove the characters and is the a bug ?

Thanks !

Hey mfitchett! Sorry for the trouble. For some reason, it sounds like the separator for full hierarchies, located in OmniFocus Preferences▸General, was modified. (It could've been accidental, or perhaps an error while restoring.. Might be worth looking into further, if you want to email us here.)

Thanks very much !

Im pretty sure I didnt have this set.

What seems to have happened is that the restore then set this feature.

When I found the option and selected space as a separator everything went back to "normal".

Many thanks !