The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniFocus 1.7.1 for iPhone is now available! Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
The error I'm getting with 1.7.1 on iPhone 3gs is selecting Context or Projects inside a task, OmniFocus quits. Re-installed and re-started iPhone, didn't fix this problem.

I've come across two bugs so far with 1.7.1.

1) If I have a due date on a project, I am unable to change it to 'none' If I do, it reverts back to the previous value.

2) If I change the due time I still get the notification at the old time.

Both of these may, or may not, be due to sync issues. In both cases I've changed it on the Mac and then have done a sync. Sync method is Omni sync.

I've reported both of these issues.

I also have problems with OmniFocus quiting as described in post 10, and that is with already created actions. I have sent a feedback mail from my iPhone, wich I also include here:
--------------------------------------
Hi!

I have just updated to the new version and there is a most disturbing bug!!
The application krasches every time I try to enter the page where I can choose context and project!!

/Micke
---------------------------------------
I have tried with the things mentioned in post 10, but whatever I do, OmniFocus quits (krasches) whenever I try to enter the selection pages for context and project. (The other selections for date etc. works fine).
I am running the English version on an iPhone 3Gs with a Swedish iOS 3 system.

Last edited by HuConn; 2010-08-17 at 06:13 AM..

Same crash (iPhone 2G on 3.1.3).
Whenever selecting context or project in an action the app just closes big time :(

This renders the iPhone client unusable for now!

Any way to downgrade to 1.7?
Please?!

Thanks...

I'm not getting any of the crashing bugs reported above. I'm using a 3GS with the latest 4.0.2 OS update. (I had a heart-stopping phone drop yesterday as it skidded down the street! :eek: I don't suggest anyone else try this fix.)

Also, thanks for fixing subtasks. Very helpful!

@RCL lol nice fixing methods, you got.

@Ken: Indeed a restart decreases the many sliders to just two (as it is intended). But since we startet on this: why not let the user choose between only sound, only vibrate or both (as I though you intended with the three sliders)?

Started another thread about the "selecting contexts or projects result in crash"...

Serious serious problem!!!!

Thank you all for reporting the incompatibility with iOS 3.0/3.1. We're fixing it ASAP for 1.7.2, but in the meantime we're posting this warning in the 1.7.1 release notes in iTunes and at the top of this thread:

WARNING: Do not upgrade to 1.7.1 unless you're running iOS 3.2 or iOS 4! We just learned about an incompatibility with iOS 3.0/3.1 which we're fixing ASAP for 1.7.2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatalError View Post
But since we startet on this: why not let the user choose between only sound, only vibrate or both (as I though you intended with the three sliders)?
We'd love to, but the notification API provided by iOS doesn't let us offer separate options.

I am having a similar crashing bug on ios 4.0.2!! I emailed support earlier this afternoon. May be a different big but I also have an OF that crashes on startup on my phone now.