The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Automatic project sorting? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I want to have the projects sorted automatically by a criteria (Name, Status etc) when added into a folder or a system. I do it manually after adding a new project. But that's way to long and annoying. How can I do it automatically in OmniFocus?

It cannot be done automatically for you, but OmniFocus can do the sorting on command. Just select the projects to be sorted in the sidebar and use Edit->Sort->[sort key]. If your selection encompasses items at multiple levels in the hierarchy, the sort is done at each level.

I know, I know. As I said it took lot of time and I want an automatic sorting...

It takes too long? Click in the sidebar, command-A to select everything, Edit->Sort->Name, done. If you don't like how long OmniFocus takes to do the sort, do you really want it doing that whenever you create a project?

Help->Send Feedback to make a feature request.